Rhoda Grant MSP and David Stewart MSP (Highlands & Islands) are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join their team as an Office Manager based in Inverness.
This is a full-time position based in Inverness with some travel required.
Hours: 35 per week
Salary: £32,000 – £34,000
To support both MSPs in providing effective support in dealing with, managing and reviewing performance and quality standards, forecasting and overall management of office budgets, handling enquiries from constituents and stakeholders, managing constituency/parliamentary meetings and looking after all aspects of the Member’s diary.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Acting with the delegated authority of the MSP to manage all office and staffing arrangements on behalf of the MSP; • Providing a comprehensive secretarial, casework, research and administrative support service, as required; • Line managing and leading the team paid employees and volunteers • Participating in the control and forecasting of the office budgets in liaison with the Allowance Office and the Human Resources Office at the Parliament; • Managing, reviewing and developing administration procedures; • Managing performance and quality standards in line with our overall objectives; • Carrying out duties or projects delegated by the MSP, as required.
Policy, strategy and Communications Advice • Acting as principal adviser to the MSP on all research, campaigns, communications and casework matters; • If required, drafting speeches for engagements carried out by the MSP; • Representing the MSP in a professional and effective manner in dealings with the media, constituents and other outside bodies.
• Managing Constituency Accounts;
• Tracking and monitoring the quality of the responses to constituents and ensuring all enquiries are answered within the agreed timescale.
External and Internal Liaison
• Handling enquiries from constituents and stakeholders and drafting written correspondence, where appropriate; • Looking after all aspects of the MSP’s diary; • Working directly with the MSP on all incoming mail, advising on relevant background, as required; • Managing constituency/parliamentary meetings.
Skills and Attributes Required
• Excellent communication and writing skills, coupled with good telephone manner; • Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload; • Quick and efficient work style, ability to work to deadlines with attention to detail; • A strong work ethic, enthusiastic and reliable, able to work outside office hours if necessary and by agreement; • Flexible and adaptable in approach, demonstrating initiative; • Experience of managing staff and able to show good leadership • Ability to work as a team and confidence to work on your own; • Good sense of humour;*Strong interpersonal skills with a human touch and ability to work well with a range of personalities; • Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information; • Knowledge of important local and regional issues; • Excellent IT skills, with demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office; • Full clean driving licence would be desirable, but not essential.
Ability to prepare press releases for print, radio, television and social media; campaign planning* Closing Date: 5 pm on Tuesday 16th April 2019 with interviews being held in Inverness on Monday 29th April 2019.
Applicants should submit a CV with accompanying supporting statement of no more than one page demonstrating why you have the skills for the role to: email@example.com
Informal enquiries should also be made to David Stewart MSP at the above Email address or by telephone on 01463 716299